Saturday, February 8, 2014

Who? Us?

Although we are in the throws of winter,  looking through the catalog of previous pictures allows me to find shots that I put aside, for no particular reason.

During one of the many walks my wife and I took on the 35 acres of land we called home during the summer and fall season, some of our constant yet elusive neighbors made an appearance. 

Imagine our surprise, while rounding a corner, to suddenly be sharing the same wooded space, each enjoying a warm day, taking it all in, knowing that old man winter was slowly making his way towards us. 

These youngsters seemed rather brave, in addition to  being curious, which explains why they did not run off.  Rather, they stood for a few moments, allowing me to get a few photographs of them.  Nature seems to set the terms for encounters; although man might think to the contrary.

Regardless - this trio obliged me, and after a few moments, we all continued on our afternoon jaunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment