Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Beauty of the Ocean

Home.  Pacific Coast Highway, at the south end of Pt. Magu, on a day that makes southern California the utopia it is. A breathtaking late summer day, looking out on the ocean, and I am rejuvenated.  My spirit renewed.  The sound as the ocean waves pound the shoreline is like a lullaby, serenading me to sleep.  Gentle winds rush down from the nearby Santa Monica mountains, and warm the sand like a blanket.  The salty air is easy on the lungs, and gifts from the sun gods warm my weary body.  Life is good.


...nature's fury, rolls upon the sand in perfect harmony.  the white moon pulls at the tide, in and out, like clockwork. sand between my toes, warmth through my hair, sea salt on my lips. love songs from the water's embrace.

Ann McArthur 8/17/13

No comments:

Post a Comment