Friday, August 23, 2013

A son and his father

Not our usual blog today, but a toss back to 25 years ago, at least!  Some of you reading the blog today will recognize the faces in this somewhat faded photograph.  My brother in law Paul and my father in law Peter posing for a photo.  Fathers and sons share a special bond, as do fathers and daughters.  Peter was a man of gentle nature, captivating story telling; a true Irish trait, and a love for his children and wife that knew no bounds.  He touched many lives during his lifetime, mine included.  My father in law was truly unique, and I greatly admired his sharp wit, endless patience and ability to touch a stranger's life; exuding the complete essence of a Christian.  Peter left this world far too young, but I remember him with love and the times we were able to spend together.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment