Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Stars of Vincent


Starry, starry night.
Paint your palette blue and grey,  Look out on a summer's day, With eyes that know the darkness in my soul. Shadows on the hills, Sketch the trees and the daffodils, Catch the breeze and the winter chills,
In colors on the snowy linen land. (Lyrics by Don McLean)


Taken on our nephew's farm, in Lily, Kentucky, this photo seems to speak of Vincent Van Gogh's gentle painting, "Starry Night" - or at least that is what my wife thinks - as she grew up in a household surrounded by Van Gogh's paintings.  Van Gogh's tortured soul seemed to resonate through his brushstrokes.  

I'm not sure what I was aiming for when I shot this photograph. However, after listening to Don McLean's song, "Starry, Starry Night",  I, too, believe that perhaps Vincent Van Gogh might have found favor in the subtle blues depicted in a lonely, quiet Kentucky night's starry sky.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment