Friday, April 12, 2013

Amber waves of grain

What are your thoughts on the American Dream?  In this day and age does it even exist?  Ask the American Farmer.  They're  not just  cliché or catchy advertisement mantra to sell superbowl commercial time.  The American Farmer is the bread of life in this country.  He struggles, day in and out, to provide for his family.  He's the true patriot; prays to God for a bountiful crop, a good market value for his life's work so that at the end of the day he can put food on his own family's table.  The fiber that strings this mighty nation together isn't some stooge in Washington, D.C.  No, the strength of this nation is the man in dirty coverall, working 20+ days, and laying his head down every night, praying for rain, a crop and the love of his family.  Those are the makings of amber waves of grain.

"From dawn 'til dusk, my weary bones in these fields of gold,  I do toil.  Sweat from by brow, dust on my face, for these dreams of gold, I do chase. Not for riches, not for fame, to feed this country, is my true aim.  I am a farmer, American made"  - John McArthur 4/12/13

No comments:

Post a Comment